Dave Winnel has had a meteoric rise to success in the electronic music world, and for good reason. Having remixed giants like David Guetta, Adam Lambert, Axewell & Ingrosso, and recently collaborating with Armin van Buuren, Winnel is seemingly unstoppable. Having given back to the music production community via his ‘For The Win Samples’ with Splice, Winnel was the perfect guest for this episode of The EDM Prodcast giving a concise interview packed with value.
What we talk about:
- The differences in creating original material versus remixes
- Approaching remixes, both official and unofficial
- Building relationships with record labels and colleagues
- The various challenges, technical and otherwise, of the creative process
- Tips for streamlining the learning curve of music production
- Finding inspiration and dealing with writer’s block
- The importance of simplicity in the production process
Cool stuff mentioned in the show:Subscribe on iTunes and get episodes as they go live!
Dave Winnel on the Web:
The Soundcloud Bible
Want to build an audience and gain super fans? Check out Budi’s book, The Soundcloud Bible.
Leave a rating and review on iTunes
Ratings and reviews help the podcast grow which means two things: I become happy, and I can also get more popular guests on the show. Head on over to this link and leave a rating and a review with your thoughts (you can just say “Thanks Sam,” if you like).
Until next time, have fun producing!