Who is Jaytech? It’s hard to know where to begin.
He started out as a classically trained pianist, entering and winning various competitions as a child before being introduced to the world of electronic music.
At age 16, he had his first vinyl release.
14 years later, he’s released 3 artist albums, toured the world, had releases on key labels, and worked with many different artists.
He’s one of my favorite producers, and due to that, this is one of my favorite episodes to date.
What we talk about:
- Why Positronic Digital was started
- How to send your music to labels
- The benefits of having a classical background
- How Jaytech starts a track
- The importance of a professional mindset
- The story behind “Awakening“
- Keeping financially disciplined as an artist
- Learning to use your tools properly
- Programming powerful basslines
- Why people have creative blocks
- Doing a top-down mix
Cool things mentioned in this episode:
Intro track: Jaytech – Tiny Love feat. Jhana
Follow Jaytech on the web:
The Music Marketing Academy
Want more plays and followers?
Check out Budi Voogt’s Music Marketing Academy and get access to a free video series (includes case study on how Budi took San Holo to over 180,000 followers on Soundcloud).
Leave a rating and review on iTunes
Ratings and reviews help the podcast grow which means two things: I become happy, and I can also get more popular guests on the show. Head on over to this link and leave a rating and a review with your thoughts (you can just say “Thanks Sam,” if you like).
Until next time, have fun producing!